Monthly Member Highlight
Four Barrel CrossFit East
Monthly Member Highlight
Meet Eric DeWitt
- What is your occupation?
Project Controls Manager
- When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Sportscenter anchor/Sports broadcaster
- If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?
- What 3 things would you take with you on a deserted island, and why? A) fire starting kit -once a fire is started, I can keep it going. Fire is essential for survival. B) Angels Envy Rye – strictly for medicinal purposes. Once the rye is gone, bottle can be used to collect water. C) tough one; I know I should be practical here but I’m gonna have to say a pair of Chaco sandals. I have incredibly sensitive feet and would need to protect them 🙂
- What is the best dessert you’ve ever had?
Gibson’s Steakhouse Key Lime Pie – so tasty.
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Warning; kinda rough exterior including a resting dick face but really a softie. (Note, resting dick face is the male equivalent to resting b*tch face).
- Where is a place you haven’t traveled but would really like to visit?
- When did you start CrossFit?
Started Crossfit in 2008. Took a 2-year break from 2014-2016.
- What is your favorite thing about CrossFit?
The community and the opportunity to challenge and better myself mentally and physically. Oh, and burpees…lots and lots of burpees.
- Why did you choose to join Four Barrel CrossFit?
It was recommended to me as a great box so I decided to check it out. The number one reason I joined is the coaching.
- What do you enjoy most about Four Barrel CrossFit?
The community is top notched. Everyone is incredibly welcoming. Also, the genuine interest all the coaches have in the different athletes. Not a single coach is ever too busy to devote some time to answer a question or give some one-on-one correctives. I have been in a lot of gyms across the country and Four Barrel’s coaches rank among the best I’ve been around.
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement?
Favorite used to be Fran, but since I’ve been back in the gym, I truly enjoy each workout/movement equally and enjoy the challenge of bettering my form and efficiency.
- What are two of your biggest challenges and rewards in coming to the gym?
Challenges – Letting go of the numbers I once put up (i.e. Training more mindfully and within myself). Honestly the second major challenge is time – making time to get to the gym and balancing work responsibilities is definitely a challenge. Rewards – knowing I am getting stronger and better each day. Also, having fun. I have so much fun every time I walk into Four Barrel.
- What is one of your goals for this year in CrossFit?
One goal I have is to learn the bar muscle-up. (My secret goal is to look better naked)
- Besides CrossFit, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I do a lot of hot yoga (shameless plug inserted here) at Bend and Zen Hot Yoga conveniently located in Westport Village. I also love to hike and mountain bike, take naps on my hammock, watch movies, and try new restaurants.
- If you were handed free opera tickets would you go or sell them? Why?
I would go for sure! I’m always up to try something new and I figure the people watching would be just as entertaining as the opera itself!!
- If you were given 24 hours to live, what would you do?
I would go to the beach and have a party/bbq with all my friends and family.