Monthly Member Highlight
Four Barrel CrossFit East
Monthly Member Highlight
Meet Lizz Warren
- What is your occupation?
I’m an academic advisor at UofL. I help students choose a major and learn how to be successful college students.
- When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a teacher. I have always loved education and in my current role I am able to teach and work with students in a variety of settings—through community service, in the classroom, with student organizations, and in the process of choosing a major.
- If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?
Despite my slight fear of heights and being upside down, I would want to be an acrobat.
- What 3 things would you take with you on a deserted island, and why?
Food—Nutrition remains important even when you’re stranded, right?
Satellite phone—call, email, text, tweet and facebook everyone to come get me!
Weapon—Are there wild animals on this island?
- What is the best dessert you’ve ever had?
All of them. I love sweets!
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Caution – Handle with Care—I’m Hot!
- Where is a place you haven’t traveled but would really like to visit?
I would like to visit several European Countries.
- When did you start CrossFit?
I started CrossFit in March 2013 when a friend suggested I give it a try.
- What is your favorite thing about CrossFit?
The community and the shared of experience of everyone trying to get better at something.
- Why did you choose to join Four Barrel CrossFit?
I moved to Louisville in July 2015 and my goal was to find a box with a strong community and good workouts, like my previous box. I visited many of the boxes in the area, and none of them compare to the community and coaching we have at Four Barrel.
- What do you enjoy most about Four Barrel CrossFit?
Everything! The coaches, my 5:30am crew, weightlifting and all of the great people.
- Do you have a favorite WOD or movement?
I love to snatch!
- What are two of your biggest challenges and rewards in coming to the gym?
My biggest challenges include running and my very weak core.
One of my biggest rewards is being a part of a community of people with a shared interest in fitness and healthy living. Even though CrossFit is a challenge, I believe that is one of the rewards of the experience. I enjoy working on various movements and continually making progress.
- What is one of your goals for this year in CrossFit?
Cardio, cardio and more cardio. I am working on my running this year. I ran the Derby mini marathon in April and I will be running the Urban Boubron with the 5:30am crew this fall.
- Besides CrossFit, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy being a social butterfly, reading, and shopping.
- If you were handed free opera tickets would you go or sell them? Why?
I would go! I have never been to the opera and I am open to experiencing most things at least once.
- If you were given 24 hours to live, what would you do?
Celebrate life! Have a good morning workout, eat an amazing home cooked meal, and throw a party with family and friends before attending a Beyoncé concert.